Saturday, May 10, 2014

Spring Break Part 13: Row, Row, Row Your Boat

This is my last post about my spring break. I'm finally finishing them over a month later!

The next day Jonathan and I went to Shinjuku Park. Like Ueno Park, the trees were past their peak but still beautiful. There were a lot more people than when Lauren and I went because it wasn't raining.


Well, it wasn't raining, but it looked like it was going to. In one direction it looked like rain but in the other direction it was beautiful and sunny.


I was afraid that it might rain soon so we went ahead and sat down and ate some pastries that we had picked up at a bakery on the way. I had something with strawberries and raspberries which was really good. Then we walked around some more.





My favorite area was like a forest of cherry trees. The petals were falling and so pretty! :)


I tried to catch a petal in my hand and it was more difficult than it looked, but I eventually succeeded.



The sakura petals both above and below made it so pretty!





I don't know if you're supposed to feed the koi there or not, but I gave them some crumbs from my pastry anyways.

The weather stayed nice until we were leaving. It seems like almost every time I went to see sakura this year there was rain. Lauren and I went to Shinjuku Park while it was raining, it started raining in Ueno Park when Jonathan and I were there, and then this time.


As we had been heading to the park I saw a back of a building that said Marui Annex. I hadn't realized that it was right there. I go out different exits for different places in Shinjuku and never really know how they all fit together. Now I fell like I know my way around Shinjuku a bit better.

I wanted to go to Marui Annex anyways to buy a few more postcards. Jonathan wasn't thrilled with that of course, but it was raining so we needed to go in somewhere to get out of the rain anyways.


It had been raining when Lauren and I went to Marui Annex too. So we didn't get any pictures of the outside of the building. Actually maybe we would have tried on the way out, but we kind of forgot anyways.

I took a few pictures this time though because it was sunny by the time we left. I was excited that there was a window display for Baby the Stars Shine Bright.



It was lunch time but we had eaten a snack in the park and weren't super hungry. So we just got frozen yogurt from Menchies. So tasty! :)


Then we went back to Ueno Park to do the row boats. The park was way more crowded than it had been the day before.


There were soooo many people having hanami (flower viewing) parties and drinking under the trees.



There were a lot of people but it wasn't too bad to walk around except for the area with the food stalls. It took quite a while to get through there.


I was worried that the wait for the boats would be super long. Fortunately, the wait was only about ten minutes! I was so surprised! You weren't allowed to do them if you had been drinking so maybe that's why.





The swan boats are cuter but I think the row boats are actually more fun.






There were a lot of birds and eventually one landed on our boat. So cute! :)


After that we went to Akihabara to go to Yodobashi Camera and ate at a bakery before getting on the train.

During spring break I spent about ten days in Tokyo! I don't think I could ever get tired of Tokyo. It's just so much fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment