Thursday, January 1, 2015

Winter Break Part 2: Nikko

 On Monday the 22nd we went to Nikko. It was my second time but Jonathan's first.


I took that picture in Asakusa as we walked towards the station.



I ate some Sweet Chili Pringles on the train. They were good, but not as amazing as I expected. I love sweet chilli sauce so my expectations were very high.


When we arrived in Nikko, we got lunch from the konbini and then took a bus to Toshogu Shrine. I also visited there in the spring and have a blog post about it (Spring Break Part 7: Nikko) so I won't post too many pictures of it this time.

The admission price is 1300 yen which is pretty pricey compared to most temples and shrines in Japan. I didn't really want to pay that much to see it again, but I also didn't want to stand out in the cold for a long time while waiting for Jonathan.


Even though I had visited earlier in the year, I was still impressed by all of the detail.


It wasn't crowded at all which was nice.




That vending machine only had one type of drink, haha. Though it did have the option of hot or cold.



After the shrine we walked back to the station and stopped in a couple of stores.

 

Aww, Hello Kitty was all bundled up and had some gyoza to snack on. :)


We got age yuba manju from a stand near the station. It was fried red bean paste. They also gave us free tea. The outside of the manju reminded me of funnel cakes. So delicious! I recommend trying it if you ever go to Nikko.


Then we waited for the train a little more and headed to Kinugawa Onsen.

1 comment:

  1. Har Wat Mujhe Milti Rehti Hai Anjani Si Saza
    Main Kisse Pucho Mera Kasoor Kya Hai websites new ideas Khamosh Muhabbat Ka Ehsaas Hai Wo,
    Mere Khwahish Mere Jajbat Hai Wo,
    Aksar Ye Khyal Kyu Aata Hai Dil Mai,
    Meri Pahli Khoj Or Aakhiri Talash Hai Wo. satta king
    play bazaar
    gali chart

    ReplyDelete